|POSITION:||Physical Science Teacher|
|START DATE:||2022-23 School Year|
For 2022-23, Cristo Rey Jesuit seeks a full-time Physical Science teacher.
Are you hard-working and passionate about accompanying urban scholars on the journey to college?
Are you committed to building a just, equitable learning environment that empowers students of all backgrounds?
Are you inspired by the transformative capacity of an innovative, Jesuit education?
Are you energetic and optimistic, quick to recognize and nurture the inherent good in every student?
Are you courageous, humble, and growth-oriented, always pushing your practice to improve student learning?
If so, Cristo Rey Jesuit High School needs your talent to enrich our supportive, college-bound learning community, serve
families who embrace bold dreams for their children, and inspire students to lead through service to others.
About Cristo Rey Jesuit High School
Cristo Rey Jesuit (CRJ) Milwaukee is part of the national Cristo Rey Network (CRN) of 38 high schools transforming urban education through a unique integration of college-prep academics, professional experience, and spiritual formation with a
focus on students of limited financial means. At CRJ’s new $35 million campus, just across the Menomonee Valley from Marquette University, in the heart of Milwaukee’s dynamic Clarke Square, Cristo Rey serves a diverse student body of
approximately 425 young men and women and 250 alumni. Students attend class four days per week and work in a professional setting one day per week through our innovative Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP). It is the collective
mission of our staff to provide our students with a Jesuit education that ensures they students gain admission to – and ultimately graduate from – college. In pursuit of that goal, Cristo Rey staff collaborate, reflect, and practice to maximize their
impact each day.
As part of Cristo Rey’s faculty, you will educate students in mind and spirit. Through engaging, data-informed, culturally responsive instruction, you will prepare students for college and equip them with the habits of mind that undergird success.
Your relentlessness, zest, and commitment to excellence will help form a student body distinguished by breakthrough achievement gains, a passion for justice, and readiness for the professional world. In the spirit of Ignatian pedagogy, you will
create opportunities for students to act, reflect, and grow as they become men and women for and with others. Your emotional intelligence, courage, and solutions-orientation will make you an integral member of our vibrant team — one
grounded in the school’s Jesuit mission. By giving generously of yourself, you will help shape a school that serves its students’ diverse needs and cultivates their many talents.
- Guided by CRJ and AP benchmarks and curriculum in physical science, ensure relevant, college-prep instruction that accelerates student achievement on Cristo Rey and AP exams, the ACT, and the SAT.
- Design and administer relevant formative and summative assessments; analyze and adjust instruction in response.
- Engage students through equitable, culturally relevant teaching practices, and accelerate student growth through feedback, disciplinary literacy skills, and high-impact technology.
- Prioritize and manage your time to follow through on the various responsibilities of excellent teaching: planning, teaching, giving feedback, intervening grading, collaborating, differentiating, and reflecting.
- Provide one-on-one and small-group tutoring to students during and after school.
- Build a relationship with students in the spirit of cura personalis (care for the whole person).
- Forge strong partnerships with parents, and communicate frequently with them to support your students.
- Maintain an equitable, vibrant classroom environment that conveys warmth, order, and a sense of belonging.
- Consistently uphold school-wide discipline practices and routines, as well as norms for student behavior.
- Approach teaching as a perpetual learner; seek and apply feedback on your instruction; deeply engage in CRJ professional development; independently access resources to further your own growth.
- Collaborate with peers with integrity, humility, commitment, humor, and joy to ensure the foundation of trust that will enable the team to accomplish ambitious goals.
- Make your teaching public to colleagues through analysis of your teaching, student work, and student data.
- Embrace the school’s goals and results as the collective responsibility of the entire staff.
- Model values consistent with Catholic, Jesuit education and the CRJ Graduate at Graduation values.
- Engage in honest self-reflection and listening, courageous conversations, and ongoing development as a professional committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive school and workplace.
- Seek opportunities to push the team, to laugh with colleagues, and to celebrate peers’ accomplishments.
- Problem-solve challenges with humility, creativity, and resilience.
Student Support and Contribution to School
- Contribute to a grade-level team by meeting weekly, coming prepared, and following through on action items.
- Co-lead a student formation advisory to help students develop the CRJ Graduate at Graduation values.
- Provide targeted student support in a daily learning lab (study hall) and office hours.
- Moderate or co-moderate a student-interest-based homeroom.
- Actively monitor hallway transitions to ensure a calm and orderly environment.
- Periodically substitute teach, as requested.
- Attend and chaperone school events, including retreats, athletic events, liturgies, service trips and dances.
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School encourages applicants of all backgrounds and provides equal employment opportunities to applicants of any race, ethnicity, religion, sex, or national origin. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will embody the mission-alignment, openness to growth, commitment to equity, optimism and zest that are central to the character of our staff, and they will meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with a major, minor, or comparable credential in the primary teaching discipline
- Teaching license in the primary teaching discipline, or progress towards licensure, strongly preferred
- Record of strong student achievement as a middle school or high school teacher
- Proficiency with technology
Experience working with English Language Learners and/or proficiency in Spanish a plus, but not required.
To apply, attach the following to an email, in pdf format, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate the position in the subject line of your email (for example, “Faculty: Math”). Direct questions to email@example.com.
- Cover letter underscoring your interest in and readiness for the position
- Undergraduate transcripts; graduate transcripts, if applicable
- Two professional letters of reference or contact information for two professional references
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School encourages applicants of all backgrounds and provides equal employment opportunities to applicants of any race, ethnicity, religion, sex, or national origin.