|REPORTS TO:||Director of Finance and Operations|
|CLASSIFICATION:||Salary -Full‐Time, 12- month exempt|
|SCHEDULE:||Monday – Friday 11:00 am to 7:30 pm (Flexible schedule) Weekends as needed|
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School in Milwaukee is a private, Catholic, Jesuit high school serving students of diverse backgrounds living in Milwaukee, WI whose educational options are financially limited. Cristo Rey Jesuit’s mission is to provide an affordable Catholic secondary education with a college prep curriculum and Corporate Work Study Program to prepare graduates for success in college, work, and life.
Overall Position Description:
Under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Operations or his/her designee, the Facilities Manager will maintain the CRJHS building and grounds. The Facilities Manager will provide an efficient, clean, safe and secure school.
The Facilities Manager is responsible for maintaining the school building and grounds in collaboration with the facilities team. The Facilities Manager will coordinate tasks related to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, environmental, custodial and event coordination. The Facilities Manager in coordination with the Director of Finance and Operations will provide a welcoming, safe and efficient High School facility. Specifically, the Facilities Manager will be responsible for, but is not limited to:
- Manages all work related to the maintenance of the school building including but not limited to HVAC, plumbing, electrical, custodial and safety.
- Manages the inventory of equipment on school grounds. Also maintains accurate records of all annual inspections and maintenance repairs. Performs repairs as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance and Operations
- Assist with the security, janitorial, set-up for events, repair(s), electrical, painting, plumbing, carpentry, soccer field maintenance, preventative maintenance, landscaping, snow removal and other tasks as needed.
- Assist with the safety, crisis planning, and security of the school. Which includes ensuring the safety and security of students, staff, and guests.
- Manages the annual inspection of the elevator, generators, boilers, water heaters, soccer field, and other mechanical equipment of facility and assure all is in code compliance.
- Manages the Metasys system to review the HVAC and lighting systems.
- Coordinate and manage the Maintenance Service Requests process to ensure timely completion of requests.
- Informs the Director of Finance and Operations of concerns, projects and schedules on a regular basis.
- Communicates with the contract workers and vendors.
- In coordination with the Maintenance Lead will develop and maintain a regular schedule for preventative maintenance and cleaning of all school facilities.
- Communicate with all staff regarding facilities operations and activities.
- Assist with the implementation of the monthly fire drills, two annual tornado drills and two annual crisis drills.
- Coordinate all licenses, inspections and permits with City, fire department and county.
- Assists with the fire alarm systems.
- In coordination with the Maintenance Lead will obtain competitive bids for service and make proposals to the Director of Finance and Operations.
- Supervise and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Prepares purchase orders for supplies and tools as needed keeping within annual budget.
- In collaboration with the Maintain Lead maintains the department files for procedures, system logs, vendor and emergency numbers.
- Maintain and manage the maintenance and repairs schedule of school fleet.
- Must be present and/or available for CRJHS fundraisers/school programs which may take place in the evenings and/or weekends.
- Must respond to all facility emergencies and work until the issue has been resolved.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 3 years of experience in facilities operations, preferred
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and ensure a high degree of professionalism
- Bachelor’s degree in Facility management or equivalent
- Ability to operate and handle many tools and electrical equipment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google to prepare correspondence and maintain forms and records.
- Proficient in using email to communicate with management, staff, vendors and others.
- Knowledge of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry and custodial operations.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Purchasing experience.
- Valid WI driver’s license; must be insurable with good driving record
- Frequent lifting and standing, exposure to climate changes, cleaning fluids, paint and equipment that require caution.
- Self‐starter requiring minimal supervision
- Attend all trainings required to maintain school maintenance systems
- Ability to work in a fast‐paced environment with a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to organize, prioritize, schedule and complete job‐related tasks efficiently
- Provide Covid fully vaccinated documentation
- Commitment to the Mission and Values of
- Sensitivity to the ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds of the student body
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
- Ability to work in a faith‐based organization
- Physical Requirements ‐ Ability to safely lift 50
To apply for this position:
If you are qualified and interested in this position, send:
- a cover letter with salary requirements,
- and a comprehensive resume, to:
Maricruz Talavera‐Pettis, Director of Finance and Operations Cristo Rey Jesuit High School
1818 W National Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53204
Or by email to: email@example.com